Thursday, February 26, 2015


Academic Writing and Narrative Writing
If someone asks me whether I like writing, I will say no. I have to spend a plenty of time for writing assignments, and it definitely is the boring task I’m supposed to complete. However, I like planning parts. Planning helps me to represent my idea well. Normally, I have many information and ideas that convey to others. Unfortunately, everyone is confused what I’m saying because I mess up what I want to say. While I’m studying in writing class, I try to organize my idea to help others understand clearly. Planning really helps me a lot.

            I like narrative writing. First, I love its creativity. As a narrator, I can write a fiction story and use my imagination freely. I hate to obey the rules of academic writing like the format. I would rather write about stories than boring academic writings like argumentative or compare and contrast essays. In academic essays, I must control my mind within the topic. It is stressful for me because I always watch out each word and sentence to ensure I’m not beyond the topic. Also, I love adventurous novels that open interesting places in the world even though it is authors' imagination. However, I rarely read novels because I cannot refocus to others thing until I finish a book. Even though I have exams or presentations, I will be engrossed by adventurous stories if I read a novel. Therefore, I only read books in summer or winter break when I’m off. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your statement specifying how the rules of academic writing can be easily take the joy of writing. However, I believe following rules can actually make your writing easier and more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you! I could have written your article. However, I can manage to read a book and to do others activities:-)

    ReplyDelete