Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Cool

Cool

I think cool means awesome. People usually use the word to emphasize when they make compliments to others. For example, in the Voice US, after contestants finished their performances, coaches started commenting that, “Your performances are cool.” Apparently, the performances were so wonderful that coaches did not find any mistakes, a perfect performance. Another example of using cool as awesomeness is a teacher who is examining students’ paintings. If he or she sees outstanding paintings which are creative and impressive, the teacher might compliment the students who draw on their paintings by cool.  In this case, the teacher uses cool to show his or her satisfaction as soon as they see beautiful paintings. Final example, I usually use cool as long as I hear good ideas, especially in meetings. Last month, I and my friend made up a short story about how governors fight against labors. They were fighting to receive more benefits from governors and used disorganized situations to commit thefts. We were thinking a strong and convinced title to reject them. While we were discussing an impressive title for our blogs, my friend suggested the title that, “Disorganized labor.” That was the greatest idea on that day, and I was so upbeat that I commended the idea had been cool.  

2 comments:

  1. I agree, cool really is awesome. I was able to outline, however not sure if the TS is you think cool means awesome or the fact that people usually use the word to emphasize when they make compliments to others. All in all pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, you did a good job writing your paragraph. It was well develop and clear with the examples you provided. I agreed with you, the word cool represents awesome. By reading your paragraph, I noticed that the development of the word cool is not only being used by teenagers, but it has also been used by all generations. As you mentioned , the word cool is a creative way of expressing perfection and awesomes.

    ReplyDelete